"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15
Ten suggestions for becoming Biblically based Moms and Dads
June 13, 2012Posted by on
I am taking a class on Biblical Marriage Counseling. My assignment for this week, create a top ten list for becoming Biblically based Moms and Dads. This list is not the end all be all. It is important to raise your family in the ways of the Lord. If you are in need of counseling be sure to get in touch with your pastor.
- Model a loving relationship for your children. Husbands love and protect your wives and children. Wives submit to your husbands. (Ephesians 5:21-33)
- Have the right attitude when doing things at home. Be honest, speak well and show integrity when accomplishing tasks (Titus 2:5)
- Be a mother to your children. Don’t be seduced by what your professional career can offer. (1 Timothy 2:15; 5:14).
- Testify of what the Lord has done for you. (Joshua 4:6-7)
- Teach your children about God and the sacrifice of Christ and they will always remember it. (Proverbs 22:6)
- Fathers, provide discipline to your children. (Proverbs 13:24)
- Do not provoke your children to anger. (Ephesians 4:26-27)
- Do not exasperate your children (Ephesians 6:4)
- Cultivate a Christian character with your children that is self-controlled and pure (1 timothy 5:22, Titus 2:5, 2 Corinthians 11:2)
- Be a mentor to younger women (Titus 2:3-5)